Last modified: December 22, 2021; version 1.0
We respect Your privacy and are committed to protecting it through Our compliance with this Policy.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from You or that You may provide to Us or Third-parties when You visit the Site and Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information We collect:
- On this Site.
- Via email, text, and other electronic communications between you and Us.
- Through mobile and desktop applications, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between You and this Site.
- When you interact with Our advertising and applications on Third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other Site operated by Company or any Third-party.
- Any Third-party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
The information in this Privacy applies to every individual visiting the Site.
By using the Site, You represent and warrant Us that You are above 18 years of age (or above 21 years of age, where a guardian is appointed under the Applicable law). In case, You are under the age of majority in Your country, territory or province as per Applicable law, You agree that Your access and use of Site shall be deemed to be subject to age classifications by this Site and under parental consent and guidance. We do not knowingly collect Personal information from children under 18. If You are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features. If We learn that We have collected or received Personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, We will erase that information. If You believe We might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact Us via email@example.com
Account means a collection of data associated with a particular authorized User of the Site. Each Account comprises a username, user password, User contact data (including, but not limited to, e-mail), and defines various settings for use of the Site.
Affiliate (-s) means any corporation, company, or other legal entity that is under the Control of, under common Control with or Controls one of the parties to this Policy but constitutes an Affiliate only so long as such Control exists. Control”and its variants Controlled by”or "under common Control with”means having more than fifty percent (50%) of the power, directly or indirectly, to vote the outstanding voting securities or partnership interests of the entity, to elect the directors, or otherwise to direct or cause the direction of the entity’s management and policies, whether by voting power, contract, or otherwise.
Applicable law means the substantive and procedural laws of England and Wales. Content means any text, data, graphics, images, video pictures, reviews, comments, and other material created, stored, submitted, sent or uploaded in the Site either by You, Us, any other Users or Third-parties receive to or from the Site including, but not limited to documents, posts, videos, images.
Identification number (ID number) means a personal code that is permanently associated with the unique User.
Personal data or Personal information or Personal identifiable information (PII) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an Identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal data or on sets of Personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third-party means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, Company and persons who, under the direct authority of the Company, are authorized to process Personal data.
User means customers who use the Site.
2.1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The information We collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that You provide by filling in forms on Our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site, subscribing to Our service, posting material and review, or requesting further services. We may also ask You for information when You enter a contest or promotion sponsored by Us, and when You report a problem with Our Site.
- Records and copies of Your correspondence (including email addresses), if You contact Us.
- Details of transactions You carry out through Our Site and of the fulfilment of Your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through Our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You don’t have to create an Account to use some of Our Site features, such as searching and viewing public information about business. If you do choose to create an Account, You agree to provide Us with some Personal data so that We can provide Our services to You.
We may collect, transmit, and store information about You in connection with Your use of the Site, including any information You send to or through the Site. Even when We do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to Our servers initially and stored long enough to Process.
We rely on a variety of legal reasons and permissions (sometimes called “legal bases”) to Process data, including with Your consent, a balancing of legitimate interests, necessity to enter into and perform contracts, and compliance with legal obligations, for a variety of purposes described below.
2.1.1. Account Information: When You create an Account, We store and use the information You provide during that process, such as the first and last name You enter, email address, zip code, physical address, and any other information You may provide during the Account creation process, such as a gender, phone number, or birth date to authenticate Your Account and keep it and Our Site secure. We do not retain Your Account password. We may publicly display the name that You provide through the Account creation process, as part of Your Account profile. If You believe that someone has created an unauthorized Account using Your Personal information, You can request its removal, sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.1.2. Public Content: The information You provide to the Site during the Account creation may be able for public consumption because viewable by the public, including Your name, photos, ratings, reviews and edits to business page information. Other Users may be able to identify You, or associate You with Your Account, if You include Personal information in the Content You post publicly.
2.1.3. Location Information: We require information about Your signup and current location, which We get from signals such as Your IP address or device settings, to securely and reliably set up and maintain Your Account and to provide Our services to You. Subject to Your settings, We may collect, use, and store additional information about Your location - such as your current precise position or places where you’ve previously used the Site - to operate or personalize Our services including with more relevant content.
2.1.4. Activity: We store information about Your use of the Site, such as Your search activity, the pages You view, the date and time of Your visits. We also store information that Your computer or mobile device may provide to Us in connection with Your use of the Site, such as Your browser type, browser language, IP address, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs and mobile applications. We may also receive and store Your location whenever Our Site is running, including when running in the background, if You enable to access such information in the course of using the Site. You may be able to limit or disallow Our use of certain location data through Your browser settings.
2.1.5. Different Devices: You may access the Site through different devices (e.g., Your mobile phone or personal computer) and different platforms. The information that We collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and Your activities through one platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other platforms.
2.1.6. Professional Information: If You represent a business on the Site, We may collect and display information about You related to Your business activities, such as a business name that may incorporate Your name, Your profile photo, Your phone number, Your social media account, or a publicly available business address (that is also might be used as a home address). We will also collect and display information about Your professional background that You choose to share with us through the Site, such as information about Your professional licences or certifications, or Your professional background.
2.1.7. Marketing and advertising: If you provide us with Your phone number, You agree to receive text messages from Us to that number as Your Applicable laws allow. We also use Your contact information to help others find Your business-account. You can use Your settings for email and mobile notifications to control notifications You receive from the Site. You can also unsubscribe from a notification by following the instructions contained within the notification or here. Please be aware that if You choose not to receive marketing-related messages from Us, We may still send You important administrative messages, such as notices concerning operation of Sites or other services. You cannot opt out from receiving administrative messages.
2.1.8. Payment Information: We may have access to the payment information, including Your name, card type, date of payment, and billing address, in order to purchase advertising or other offerings provided as part of Our services. If You make a payment or send money using Site features or services, including through an intermediary, We may receive information about Your transaction such as when it was made or when a subscription is set to expire or auto-renew.
2.2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As You navigate through and interact with Our Site, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about Your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of Your visits to Our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that You access and use on the Site.
- Information about Your computer or different devices and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- The information We collect automatically may include Personal information, or We may maintain it or associate it with Personal information We collect in other ways or receive from Third-parties. It helps us to improve Our Site better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate Our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about Your preferences, allowing Us to customize Our Site according to Your individual interests.
- Speed up Your searches.
- Recognize You when You return to Our Site.
Cookies may contain unique identifiers and reside, among other places, on Your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to You, and on Our web pages. Cookies may transmit information about You and Your use of the Site, such as Your browser type, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to You or that You have interacted with, and the date and time of Your use. Cookies may be persistent or stored only during an individual session.
- Processes: Intended to make the Site work in the way You expect.
- Notifications: Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that We think could improve Your use of the Site.
- Analytics: Intended to help Us understand how visitors use the Site. For example, We use a Cookie that tells Us how Our search suggestions correlate to Your interactions with the search page.
2.2.2. WEB BEACONS
Web beacons and embedded scripts are other technologies that We use in Our Sites, as well as in some of Our emails and ads.
Web beacons (or “tags”) are bits of programming code included in web pages, emails and ads that notify Us (or the companies that help Us to run Our business) when those web pages, emails or ads have been viewed or clicked.
Embedded scripts are bits of programming code included within some of Our web pages that measure how You use those web pages, such as which links You click. We use this information to improve Our Sites, tailor Our Sites to Your likely interests and conduct market research.
2.2.3. OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
In addition to standard cookies and web beacons, Our products can also use other similar technologies to store and read data files on Your computer. This is typically done to maintain Your preferences or to improve speed and performance by storing certain files locally. But, like standard cookies, these technologies can also store a unique identifier for Your computer, which can then track Your behaviour.
We share or disclose Your Personal data with Your consent or at Your direction, such as when You authorize a Third-party web client or application to access Your Account or when You instruct Us to share Your feedback with a business.
We engage service providers to perform functions and provide services for Us. For example, We engage payment services providers to process payments; prevent, detect, and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities; facilitate dispute resolution such as chargebacks or refunds; and for other purposes associated with the acceptance of credit and debit cards. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We will disclose your Personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or Our property, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Site or the public.
We do not control Third-parties' collection or use of Your information to serve interest-based advertising. We do not control these Third-parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, You should contact the responsible provider directly.
3.1. Third-parties may receive information about You as follows for the following business purposes:
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We share User information in the aggregate with Third-parties, such as businesses that are listed on the Site and Content distributors. For example, We disclose the number of Users that have been exposed to or interacted with advertisements, or that We believe visited the physical location of a particular business.
- Businesses on the Site: We may share information from or about You (such as Your name, city, email or phone number) and Your use of the Site (such as which businesses You bookmark or call, or if You visit a business’s URL) with businesses on the Site. Keep in mind that businesses can also view Your public activity and posted review, and may receive information from or about You when You communicate with them, through the Site or otherwise, regardless of Your settings. Additionally, if You make a phone call to a business through or in connection with Your use of the Site, We may share information about Your call with the business that the business would have received had You called them directly, such as the date and time of Your call and Your phone number. In addition We may record phone conversation between You and Us or You and businesses on the Site.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about You if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement request; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the service; (c) protects Our rights, reputation, property, or that of Our Users, Affiliates, or the public; (d) to respond to an emergency or protect the personal safety of any person, or (e) to investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity. If You flag or otherwise complain to Us about Content through the Site, We may share the substance of Your complaint with the contributor of that Content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links: The Site may link to Third-party-controlled websites, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, We do not share Your Personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
3.2. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about Our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To Our subsidiaries and Affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other Third-parties We use to support Our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Local Search Solutions Private Limited's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal information held by Local Search Solutions Private Limited about Our Site Users is among the assets transferred.
- To Third-parties to promote their products or services to You.
- To fulfill the purpose for which You provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when You provide the information.
- With Your consent.
- We may also disclose Your Personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Local Search Solutions Private Limited, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that We collect about You or that You provide to Us, including any Personal information:
- To present Our Site and its Contents to You.
- To provide You with information, products, or services that You request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which You provide it.
- To provide You with notices about Your Account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us, including for billing.
- To notify You about changes to Our Site or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
- To allow You to participate in interactive features on Our Site.
- In any other way We may describe when You provide the information.
- For any other purpose with Your consent.
We may also use Your information to contact You about Our own and Third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to You.
We may use the information We have collected from You to enable Us to display advertisements to Our advertisers' target audiences.
4.1. Where We keep Personal data We keep Personal data in different places around the world. But wherever We keep the data, We use strong security protections. And We take steps to protect Your privacy and comply with the law.
4.2. How long do We retain You information? When You register for an Account and create an Account, We Process and keep most Personal information We have about You for as long as You are an active User of Our products, services, Site or apps. When You close Your Account, We begin deleting certain Personal information that We no longer have a business reason to retain, such as Your hashed password and Your tokenised payment account data. Where We Process Personal information for marketing purposes or with Your consent, We Process the information until You ask Us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow Us to implement your requests). We keep Personal data for as long as We need to provide Our services, comply with the law, and for other legitimate reasons. If You no longer want We to Process Your Personal data or would like Us to limit Our use of Your data, please contact Us by using email@example.com.
5. PRIVACY RIGHTS
- You have the right to obtain from Us confirmation whether or not We Process Your Personal data. If You would like to obtain such confirmation, contact Us, sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to obtain from Us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate Personal data concerning You. Considering the purposes of the processing, You have the right to have incomplete Personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement. If You would like to realize this right, please contact Us, sending a request to email@example.com.
- You have the right to object to Processing of Your Personal data where Nicelocal Processes Your Personal data on its legitimate interest or for the purposes of direct marketing. If You would like to realize this right, please contact Us, sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to obtain from Us the erasure of Your Personal data without undue delay where You no longer wish We Process Your Personal data on the basis of Your consent. If You would like to realize this right, please contact Us, sending a request to email@example.com. Please bear in mind that We cannot erase Your Personal data which We obtained from You when You purchased Our services, as We Process this Personal data not on the basis of Your consent but on the basis of the Agreement We entered into.
- If you feel that Your Personal data has been Processed unlawfully, please contact Us, sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To execute Your rights under this section, We may request additional documents and information to identify You, including Your ID (passport), or verification code sent through the email or text message.
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling Your request would reveal Personal information about another person or if You ask Us to delete information which We are required by law to keep or which We need to defend claims against Us. Where We rely on Your consent, You will always be able to withdraw that consent, although We may have other legal grounds for Processing Your Personal information for other purposes, such as those set Out above. In some cases, We are able to send You direct marketing without Your consent, where We rely on Our legitimate interests.
If you delete your User contributions from the Site, copies of your User contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site Users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including User contributions, is governed by Our terms of service.
6. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
We retain Your Personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Site and fulfill the transactions You have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with Our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
We may also maintain residual copies of Your Personal information in Our backup systems to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with (and demonstrate compliance with) legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form. Please note that businesses cannot remove their business pages, ratings, or reviews by closing their Accounts.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure Your Personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We employ administrative, technical and physical security controls where appropriate, such as encryption and strict contractual confidentiality obligations for employees and contractors.
The safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where You have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Site, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share Your password with anyone. We urge You to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like reviews. The information You share in public reviews may be viewed by any User of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of Your Personal information transmitted to Our Site. Any transmission of Personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Your Personal information and files are stored on Our servers and the servers of companies We hire to provide services to Us.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
Local Search Solutions Private Limited
Plot No.55, Shop No.57, CITI Tower, Sector 15, Ground Floor, CBD Belapur Mumbai
Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India